Everyone knows you need your hat, sunscreen and coverup at the beach. Here are a few other tips to keep the fun in your trip:
1) Make sure to bring an unscented moisturizer such as Cetaphil or Cerave cream. Moisturizers that have certain scents can sensitize you to the sun and cause sunburn.
2) Don’t forget quality sunglasses with UV protection. UV rays or increase the risk of cataracts.
3) If you are prone to fever blisters try the Jane Iredale lip gloss with sunscreen and ask your physician for a prophylactic prescription for Valtrex to take on vacation.
4) If you haven’t had laser hair removal, using a benzoyl peroxide wash in the bikini area can prevent razor rash. Be careful though as it can bleach clothing.
5) If you have the misfortune to get a sunburn, take ibuprofen, use a little hydrocortisone for 2 to 3 days, and try applying Neosporin Pain—it contains a topical anesthetic.