Hand eczema — the hidden curse of coronavirus. All the hand washing and hand sanitizing may reduce the rate of infection, but it dries and irritates your skin. Here are some tips to reduce the redness and peeling.
- Use hand cream, not lotion.
- Use it early and often. Good brands are Cetaphil, CeraVe, Eucerin, and Curel.
- Avoid scents and perfumes as they may irritate.
- At night, apply a liberal coat of CeraVe healing ointment, or even plain Vaseline.
- If your hands become severely irritated, contact your dermatologist for short-term use of a topical steroid.